A Lunch and Learn Group
Has your child...
- Struggled with confidence?
- Wanted to make friends over the summer?
- Wanted to feel less anxious and uncomfortable around other kids?
- Worried that their peers will make judgments about them?
- Feel like they're not good at anything?
Learning through experience is one of the best ways to figure out how to make connections with others. Our groups help children and adolescents learn to navigate and increase their confidence in making connections with their peers.
By meeting together regularly with a licensed therapist present, children have a safe opportunity to learn to build and sustain relationships.
Each week will have a designated topic for discussion that will facilitate closeness within the group and help each child learn new skills.
What can my child expect?
Feelings & needs
- How to identify own feelings & needs
- How to advocate for yourself
- Identify fears and roadblocks
- How to change how we think about and talk to ourselves
- Fixed vs. growth – the difference between mindsets
- How to handle mistakes/having realistic expectations
- Develop my own self-affirmations
- Gratitude practice and activities
- How to introduce yourself to others
- Conversation with other kids
- Showing interest in others
- Problem-solving with other kids
- Conflict resolution with other kids