- This event has passed.
June 7 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on June 8, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on June 9, 2022 at 10:00 am
- Dates: June 7, June 8, June 9
- Time: 10 am – 12 pm
- Cost: $50/session, or $129 to register for all three days
Middle School can be tough!
Middle school is the age girls are transitioning between childhood and adolescence and are to taking in a great deal of new information at once. They often struggle with confidence, drama with friends, and empathy. Taking in the perspective of others and integrating it with her own developing beliefs and values can be challenging. And there are many times when they just don’t want to hear suggestions from their parents.
Empowering Girls is designed to identify and learn concrete strategies that they can use daily in social situations to increase confidence. This three-day workshop will introduce the concept of empowerment through fun and engaging activities, discussion, and working as a team to build peer support.
What to Expect?
- 1st session: Building Confidence – You are amazing!
- 2nd session: It’s Okay to be Messy – learning to manage the ups and downs of moods
- 3rd session: Developing Empathy and Compassion – Connecting with others and accepting differences and drama – what it is and how to avoid it
After each session parents will be sent a short video explaining the topics addressed in the session and how to build on each topic at home with their child.
Due to the extensive nature of planning involved in this group therapy program, refunds cannot be provided. In the case of an illness, a credit can be applied to any future group or program sign-up.
*This group is a wellness group and not meant to be a replacement for psychotherapy or medical treatment.