Communication is one of the most basic and necessary skills needed to succeed in everyday life.
The role of the speech and language pathologists at Therapediatrics is to provide diagnosis and intervention that will allow a child to maximize their communication abilities. Therapy is unique to each child/young adult and may encompass speech, language and feeding/swallowing disorders.
Our therapists are trained in and utilize many techniques, including:
- Greenspan Floortime
- Lindamood-Bell Visualizing and Verbalizing
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Therapeutic listening
- Food chaining
Speech therapists provide services for children who may exhibit challenges with:
- Articulation & phonological disorders
- Language acquisition difficulties (expressive & receptive)
- Social/pragmatic language
- Language-based learning disabilities
- Word finding difficulties
- Auditory processing disorders
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Oral motor skill development
- Feeding challenges
Childhood indicators for speech therapy
Your child may benefit from evaluation and/or intervention if:
- Child has no words by 18 months of age
- Child has no phrases by two years of age
- Child has continued use of pointing, grunting and gesturing to communicate at 2 years of age
- Child has speech that is unclear and is difficult to understand
- Child has a limited diet and demonstrates avoidance of foods or food textures
Your child may benefit from Speech Therapy if:
- Challenges with processing information such as answering questions and understanding basic concepts
- Difficulty expressing their wants and needs by communicating with others
- Speech sound errors, such as “baby talk”
- Feeding issues, such as avoidance of food or textures of food
Do you think your child may need speech therapy? Get in touch with Therapediatrics to discuss you and your family’s best options.
Ready to get started?
Therapediatrics is here to help individuals, couples and families, including adolescents and children. Fill out this form to schedule an appointment now.